Focus on Energy
Lemel Homes Inc. is a certified Focus on Energy Builder, using the latest and most efficient products that qualify us for this designation. We are very proud to be part of this conservation initiative.
- Full coverage foundation insulation to minimize heat loss through the basement walls.
- 1” Super Tuff-R insulated wall sheathing by Dow with an R rating of 6.5 per inch -
one of the highest in the industry.
- 3” closed cell insulation at exterior perimeter of all floor joists.
- 2×6 exterior walls with Green Guard certified insulation to protect the air quality as
well as the insulation value of your exterior walls.
- Dupont Tyvek drain wrap and perimeters of all exterior windows and doors taped to
maximize the performance of the windows and the 2×6 wall.
- A blower test conducted by an Energy Star representative to certify the energy
performance of your new home.
- All windows are Low-e and argon insulated glass.
- A 2 stage 95% AFUE energy efficient furnace along with a 13 seer air conditioner.
- Power vented hot water heater.
- Direct vent gas fireplace for added energy efficiency performance and comfort.
- Sealed and power vented sump crocks to minimize radon infiltration & dehumidify basement.
- Carbon monoxide detectors on all floors.
- Range hood and bath fans vented to the outside for improved air quality and reduced
humidity levels with a 100 CFM bath fan wired to a central humidistat. Timers control
all bath fans.
- Mold resistant drywall in bathrooms.
- All penetrations into attic are sealed.
- Seal all outside wall bottom plates to floor framing.
- Seal with closed cell insulation at top of foundation to treated sill plate.
- Recycle construction materials whenever possible.
In today’s economy we find our Buyers wanting more control on how their money is being spent as it relates to finishes. We now offer multiple levels of finish to meet that demand.
As an example, for countertops do you prefer quartz, granite or laminate? For cabinets, is a custom cabinet right for you or factory built?
We start with a solid foundation:
- Eight-foot height, steel reinforced, solid concrete foundation
- Insulated Styro-full height
- Vinyl insulated basement windows with area wells
- Shrink control joints in basement walls and floors
- $1,000 backfill and grading allowance
High energy and structural features
- 2” x 6”, 16” on center exterior house walls
- Kiln dried lumber, grade #2 or better
- 3/4” premium sub floor, glued, nailed and then screwed to floor joists
before finished floor installation
- Owens Corning Tru Definition Duration Shingles with System Advantage warranty
- 1” Dow-Super Tuff-R R6.5 wall sheathing
- R-19 fiberglass batt in exterior walls with 4 mill
- R-50 flat ceilings, R-30 or R-38 in cathedral
- Low E and argon gas filled insulated windows and
patio doors, varies per model
- Continuous ridge vent on roof
- Fiberglass insulated front entry door, which
can be stained or painted, varies per model
- Steel sandwich type 2” insulated overhead garage door
- Dupont Tyvek Drain Wrap
- Closed cell insulation at foundation joist perimeter
- Siding – P. F. Hardi at 6” lap exposure, P. F. Miratec Trim
with 1 coat of paint applied after installation
- Aluminum soffit and fascia
- Liftmaster #8550 Overhead opener with Gateway option
To further increase your comfort, air quality and safety:
- Carrier 2 stage 95% High Efficiency Furnace, varies per model
- Balancing dampers on all main supply runs
- High and low return air vents
- 4” “Simplex” media filter
- Carrier 13 Seer rated air conditioner
- Electronic programmable setback thermostat
- 1-100 CFM bath fan programmed to a humidistat
- Smoke detectors
- Carbon monoxide detectors on all floors
- Storm doors included, varies per model
- Quiet Broan S-80-V bath fans with timers
- Moen/Mansfield Plumbing fixtures
- 3’ x 4’ Aquarius shower module with molded seat, varies per model
- Standard shower door
- Front and rear frost-proof hose bibs
- Garbage disposal and dishwasher installation
- Water line for icemaker
- Gas or electric to range and dryer
- 200 amp service
- Exterior waterproof outlets, front and rear of home
- Three phone jacks
- Recessed lights per model
- Generous light fixture allowance
- Custom stained oak raised panel or boxed cabinets throughout, varies per model
- Selection of Zodiaq/Granite or Laminate, varies per model
- Solid birch 2-1/4” casing and 3-1/4” base depending on model
- 6-panel pine doors
- Birch/Beech handrail, newel post and balusters, varies per model
- Allowance for vinyl and underlay of $30 per yard
- Schlage hardware
- Mirrors over all vanities
- Lennox – Elite EDV 4035 Direct Vent gas fireplace
- Generous fireplace facing allowance per model
- Hardwood or laminate floors per plan
- Carpet allowance of $24/yd.
Green Built Features
- Mold resistant drywall in bathrooms
- Green Guard certified insulation
- Humidity Controls
- Carbon monoxide and smoke detectors
- Sealed and vented sump crock with radon vent
- Free plan drafting and revisions
- No surcharge for changes during construction
- Guaranteed price contract
- Professional Selection Coordinator
- Site meeting and home placement assistance
- Construction job-site cleanup
- Final cleanup prior to occupancy
- Interior and Exterior painting (2 interior colors) and
staining included, application varies per model
- We even wash your windows!
Note: Features are subject to change and may vary by model.